Thursday, March 29, 2012

One of Those Nights

Tonight is one of those nights. The kind of night that won't let your mind slow down enough to sleep.  I have SO much on my mind, but one thought is outweighing the rest...

Tomorrow is the day. I am going camping (not by choice, its for a class) and I am beyond terrified. I'm simply not the outdoorsy type. You know how some people just seem to be totally at one with nature? Well, I am certainly not one of "those" people. Needless to say, this trip is going to stretch me in every way possible. Reliance on the Lord is the only chance I have.

I hope that this trip will bring me out of my comfort zone and teach me something new. I am doing my best to focus my mind on positive thinking about this "adventure". Honestly, I haven't been that successful. George has taken the brunt of that negative outlook. I am sure he was less than thrilled to come home to an overly emotional, anxious, teary-eyed girl tonight. Thank goodness for his attempt at changing my perspective..."Laurin don't worry no one else is going to have clean hair either." He sure does know how to love me! :)

Maybe...just maybe I will come back a different girl. Outdoorsy? Probably not. At one with nature? Definitely not. Closer to God? I sure hope so!

So, as I lace up my (borrowed) hiking boots tomorrow....I hope you'll be saying a small prayer for this non-nature girl!

Love, Laur

P.S. George and I are now clear on my plans for camping in the future....



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment