Wednesday, September 12, 2012

One Date at A Time...

I am a firm believer in dating. I am also a strong advocate for dating within marriage. I personally believe dating your spouse will not only help your marriage last but it will help it grow.

So, a few Saturday nights ago I decided that I should get a head start on dating my almost husband. Unfortunately a friend had to cancel our plans on Saturday night, but thankfully my sweet fiance hadn't made any plans of his own yet! I had a lot of time to think at work (not too many people hang out in the library on Saturday apparently) and I decided to give one of my favorite websites a visit....

thedatingdivas.com

This site is dedicated to strengthening marriages...one date at a time. Unfortunately the marriage part doesn't apply to me YET, but I have used some of their ideas and geared them for mine and George's dating relationship. So far every dating idea I have used from The Dating Divas has been a great success, and this past weekend was no exception!

I spent around 4 hours planning, buying, preparing, decorating, and cooking for our date. I was a little scared  I would be too tired to even enjoy the date, but I was overtaken by excitement and adrenaline when he was so surprised by what I had done! I really enjoyed planning something for him, and I know he felt appreciated by the effort and love.

Since this blog is still titled "a thousand words," I am going to share pictures of our Saturday night!



(We used these menus....but no fear...we know we aren't married just yet! So, these were just for fun!)

I found this free printable menus on the dating divas website and had so much fun customizing them. The "Couples Cafe" was a big hit with George. I cooked a chicken pasta dish with cheesy garlic bread. We both agreed that it was quite possibly the best meal I have ever made...SUCCESS!

I didn't want our evening to end with just dinner so I searched on The divas website once again and found an amazing article on date ideas for a bunch of different movies! There were only a couple I thought George and I would both enjoy, so I decided we would watch "Just Go With it." It's a movie staring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. A good portion of the movie is set in Hawaii. So, The Divas suggested many island themed ideas to add some fun to watching a movie at home. I snagged this idea and went to town finding leis and fruity drinks! I made us a small desert to snack on during the movie, and we spent the next 2 hours laughing our tails off! We both loved the movie, and our island surroundings.




Overall I would say it was one of our most fun and interesting dates yet, and I only spent about $25! Thanks Dating Divas!




No comments:

Post a Comment