Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A New Year!

1 Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,
whose sin is covered.
2Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
3For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
4For day and night your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer.Selah
5I acknowledged my sin to you,
and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
and you forgave the iniquity of my sin.Selah
6Therefore let everyone who is godly
offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found;
surely in the rush of great waters,
they shall not reach him.
7You are a hiding place for me;
you preserve me from trouble;
you surround me with shouts of deliverance.

Psalm 32:1-7

This year I am most thankful for forgiveness. Often I don't get it right and yet, Christ still pursues me, forgives me, and comforts me. I am so undeserving of His extravagant gifts. This has been a year of joy, grief, excitement, and change. Through every season of this year Christ has been faithful and present. So, I would consider a year filled with His grace a wonderful one. I wish I could see His plans for my sweet little family in 2014, but I know one thing for sure right now...there will be grace and we will be blessed. 

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment