Saturday, March 10, 2012

The "Meant to be" Mommy.

I was the first child born in my family, and the only full sibling I have is a baby brother who is 6 years my junior. So, growing up I adopted a sister. My aunt Tara welcomed a baby girl 2 years before I was born. Her name is Whitney and she has been my "sister" for the past 23 years!

From the very beginning Whitney has been more like a sister than a cousin. She has always been there when I needed her. She has taught me many things and has shared so much wisdom. I once gave her a frame that said "cousins from the start, friends from the heart." It is so true! She is certainly one of the best friends I have ever had.

So, you can imagine how excited and overjoyed I was when I learned she was getting married. On October 6th 2007 she became a Mrs. Mrs. Freeman to be exact. As planned, since the age of 8, I was the maid of honor. And, in true fashion, I cried through it all.

This is when I started to proclaim my prophecy. Since a young age I knew in my heart what Whitney Nicole was made for. It was made evident every time we went out in public and found her holding a strangers child. She was made to be a Mommy. Whitney loves children, and lordy mercy do they love her!

So, in November of 2010 I received the long awaited phone call. "Laurin, I'm pregnant!" Instantly the tears of joy started streaming down my face. I, quite possibly, could have been more excited than she was...but probably not. :) Since I live 3 hours away from Whit, each time I would come home I would get the pleasure of finding her more and more pregnant. She simply glowed.
See...


Then, on July 19th, 2011 my predictions were confirmed. She was definitely meant to be a Mommy. She was such a trooper through the whole delivery. I wish I could have been there but I had a photography shoot scheduled! So, George and I had to come a little bit later. When I walked in the room on the day that Carson was born, I saw Whitney as I never had before. She radiated love. She totally lit up the room! You could tell her heart was full, and I had been right all along.
Here's the evidence...


Today, I stand amazed. She is an even better Mommy than I ever could have imagined! Whit spends her days talking to, reading to, taking care of, and playing with a sweet baby boy named Carson. He is so loved and greatly cared for. Seeing Whitney be a Mommy makes me so proud to be her "sister." Often I find myself longing to be a Mother because I see how much fun Whitney is having! She has taught me so very much over these past few months since Carson's birth. She has shown me what a joy motherhood is, and what a stellar Mommy looks like.
Here is the proof...


This is one of the photos from Carson's 6 month session (with me!). He is one of the sweetest and happiest little boys I have ever met. His sweet little laugh is one of my favorite sounds. I can almost here it when I look at this picture! :)

Thank you Whitney Nicole. You are the best mommy, sister, and friend. I love you with my whole heart, and I love your baby boy just as much. Thanking the good Lord above today that I get to be a part of your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment