Friday, March 9, 2012

Burdened For Brent



Yesterday I posted about Brent and his story. I thought today I would share with you photos of him. I only recently learned of his story, but since then I have been looking at his photos online non-stop. When I look at these pictures joy and sadness equally overwhelm me. 


I am overjoyed to see this suffering child still smiling. Each time I look at his smiling face I am reminded of a quote by Mother Teresa "Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." Thank you Brent, for giving me such a priceless gift. 


Although I pray I will never know the kind of suffering the Ritterbusch family has had to endure, I am very very sad today. I know I will never understand why such a sweet and innocent child has to suffer in such a horrific way, but I know that God's glory will be shown through all of this. 


I hope you are all blessed by Brent's story and his sweet sweet smile. I know I have been. 

1 comment:

  1. Update: Brent has gone to be with the Lord. I hope that everyone will continue to pray with me for his family. I can only imagine how very hard this is for them. Although I am sad, I am rejoicing with Brent because he is no longer suffering and he is in the presence of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete