Sunday, May 27, 2012

Home

Some days sting a little worse than others. 

Today, is just one of those days. 

I can't seem to take my thoughts anywhere but home. I would give anything to be spending the day with my family laying by the pool. However, I am a grown up now, with grown up responsibilities....bummer. 

I felt that familiar punch in the stomach when I saw a picture of my nephew in his new float on Facebook a few moments ago. My family is all together and i'm not there. I wish more than anything I could be with them soaking in the moments that mean the most. 

I try not to think about the fact that I will most likely never live in the same town or quite possibly the same state as my family ever again. Still, when I do think like that, the tears start to well up. Oh how I wish we all magically lived in the same state. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my life and those who have made South Carolina my second home, but my heart will always be in the northern Carolina. Today, I am hoping my family knows just how much my heart is aching to be 150 miles north! 

Here's to being hopelessly homesick! 





Unfortunately I don't have pictures of all my family....just know I am missing you all today SO very much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment