Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

It's officially Mother's Day! Unfortunately, this grateful little girl will not be able to spend Mother's Day with the one who brought her into this world.

So, I will have to settle for sharing many of the things that make her a good Momma here on this blog.

She became a Momma, my Momma, on February 9th 1989. I wish I could express how grateful I am that the Lord allowed her to be my mother.

If you have ever met Karin Burton Thames, you understand my gratitude. My mother is like no one I have ever met. She has always been so much fun! She is adventurous, smart, funny, over-the-top, creative, talented, and gorgeous. She absolutely astounds me. Her generosity is something that I admire and her ability to make any situation a party will always be something I wish I had!

My Momma has always been determined. Since adulthood she has gone back to school twice, finishing each level of degree with flawless marks. All the while raising two children and working full-time. I honestly have no idea how she does what she does.

Although my teen years were a bit rough for my Mom and I, since I have moved away to college our relationship has grown leaps and bounds. I now consider my Momma one of my very best friends. She is always so supportive of me in everything I do. She respects me now, and I can't even explain how honored that makes me feel.

I know that my Mom hasn't always been perfect, but she has been a great Mom to me. My sweet Momma has given me so much in my 23 years of being her daughter, and I pray she is no where near finished. I am insanely aware of how very much I need her.

I will always be your little girl Momma, and we both know I will always need you. Thank you for being the perfect Mom for me. I will be aching for one of your hugs today. I wish so bad I could celebrate with you. but for today I will pretend a phone call is enough.

I love you with all my heart.

I know, I know, she looks like she could be my sister! Isn't she beautiful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment