Saturday, June 2, 2012

Yard Sale

Today REACH (our youth ministry) had a yard sale! We decided to have a yard sale a few weeks ago to raise money to send students to summer camp. I had high hopes for the profit of this fundraiser, but I was pleasantly surprised by the profit, donations, and volunteers. Seriously, I was blown away!

We made a whopping $482.51. I could not be happier. This is definitely one happy and proud youth pastor! I didn't realize just how much I love yard sales. I, along with our other sponsors, youth leaders, and students did some "shopping" while we were setting everything out. We really got some awesome donations. I know I spent more than I should have! What can I say? I was born to shop!

I was a bit scared that we would be doing a yard sale on a weekend that George wouldn't be in town (He is preaching at his home church tomorrow) but with the help of many volunteers...we pulled it off! George told me on the phone earlier that he was super proud. Yep, he totally made my whole day with that comment. ;)

I had to wake up at 5:15 this morning to be at the church early. So, as soon as I arrived home around 3 this afternoon I went straight to bed. A yard sale, and a nap? I would consider this an eventful but rewarding Saturday.

Thanks again for all of you who volunteered your time, items, and money. Each moment, donation, and penny is helping our students attend a life changing week of youth camp. You may not realize it, but you have changed lives today! We appreciate EVERYTHING!

God's provision is outstanding. To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment