Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Broken

Tonight I am reminded we are not promised another second, minute, or hour. Our time here is but a vapor.

I checked my Facebook when I arrived home from a VERY long day.

To be utterly transparent I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. I am a busy girl, and tonight I have been feeling every bit of that busyness (Oh how quickly I was reminded my life is not my own, and my work is to bring glory to God).

As I scrolled down the statuses of my Facebook friends I caught a couple tid-bits and quickly came to the realization that one of my former classmates passed away. Immediately I relieved that imaginary punch to the gut. I held my breath as I scrolled again hoping and praying I had misunderstood.

No misunderstanding. Today, our Lord called yet another one of his faithful followers home. Even though I haven't seen or spoken to Paige in years, I often caught updates of her life on Facebook and thought to myself "Wow, she is really on fire for God!" I am humbled and amazed that she bore so much fruit in her service to the Lord that I knew of her zeal without having seen or heard her in years. How amazing is that? I know she used her God given gifts to bring praise back to the Father. She was a talented photographer, and I have admired her photos many times.

I know the Lord has done so much through her, and I am quite certain he isn't done yet.

I am absolutely heart broken for her family, and tonight they will be the focus of my prayer. However, I am thankful there is no need to pray for Paige tonight because she is healed, whole, living in paradise, and offering praise to the Lord. She no longer needs my prayers.

His plan is perfect, but He never promised it would be void of pain.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment