Thursday, July 19, 2012

He's One.

It's hard for me to fathom that as of today Carson Nicholas Freeman has lived a full year of life.

It honestly seems like yesterday this sweet little boy made his appearance on a scorching hot day in July...



I never could have imagined just how much this cutie would mean to me. I, of course, begged Whitney weekly to have a child before she got pregnant but really I just wanted her to have her deepest desire. I knew she so desperately wanted to be a Mommy and I knew seeing that would make my heart spill over with joy. I knew I would enjoy being an aunt, but I didn't realize it was a dream come true until I laid my eyes on Carson. Even though my first glimpse of him arrived via text message, he stole every piece of my heart. I wish I could explain why I love him so much, but I can't. I have a suspicion that a good portion of my affection for Carson Nicholas has something to do with how much I love and lean on his Mommy. He is a part of her, and I absolutely love that.

So, in true auntie fashion I must list all the things that make this little one the best nephew in the world ;)


He has...

the prettiest blue eyes I have EVER seen.

CRAZY hair

chunky cheeks...legs...and hands!

the kind of laugh that floods your heart with joy.

an auntie that loves him more than words could ever say!

He is...

sugar sweet

deeply in love with Mickey Mouse, his Mommy, and Me (even though he doesn't see me as much!)

 tooth-less :D

always on the move!

sneaky

SO happy!

irresistibly cute

addicted to sweet tea (a southern right of passage)

but mostly importantly...

today, he is one.

His Mommy has cried at everyone of his many milestones over the past year and today, I find myself joining her. He is definitely growing up too fast for my liking. I often wish he could stay this size forever, but I am so very excited for the ages to come. Hopefully I will be there for every other birthday/birthday party!

Auntie Laurin loves you SO much Carson...so much that today, it hurts.
 Happy 1st Birthday sweet boy!

Here is Carson's first year in pictures...enjoy!
























No comments:

Post a Comment