Thursday, April 18, 2013

18 on the 18th

My brother is 18 today. Wow, I never ever realized how fast time flies. I can see him clearly as a tiny baby, a precious bleach-blond-hair 4 year old, and a 12 year old annoying little prankster but all grown up and 18 is much harder to wrap my mind around.

In my teenage years I was so worried about growing up myself I never stopped to think that my brother was doing the same.

He and I are different in many ways but I am seeing a lot of myself in him these days. 18 for me was all about having friends and having fun. I wish now I would have taken more time to cherish or even just pay attention to how fast my  little brother was growing.

He has his own life and his own friends now and he is becoming his own person. I am so proud of the man that he is becoming. He is loyal, strong, loving, impulsive, smart, and the absolute best little brother.

I thought that he would always look up to me...but as Tyler enters adulthood I am finding myself slowing looking up to him instead.

I love you sweet brother...I hope you have had the best birthday ever. I only wish I was there to hug you and tell you in person how thankful I am for every second I have had the privilege of being your sister.






No comments:

Post a Comment