Thursday, May 3, 2012

An Alumnus

It's official. I am a graduate of Southern Wesleyan University. I now have a Bachelors degree in Christian Ministries. I can't believe I am closing this chapter in my life. It seems just like yesterday that I was flipping the first page....


First day of college 2008

These past four years have been a blur. Even though there have been days and nights I felt would never end because of the impending doom of a particular assignment. Those were long days, but man, these four years sure have been short. 


Last day of college 2012 

More has changed than just my hair length. I am a different girl now. I look at things, people, and situations much differently. College has definitely brought me much closer to the woman of God that the Lord has called me to be. I would have never imagined my step of faith to come to Southern would change so much. However, I am thankful that it has. I look back to when I first stepped foot on this campus...I had never lived on my own and I had never taken a grand leap of faith. I cried myself to sleep the first night. I sobbed, and prayed. I asked God if I had made the right decision, and through my cries he comforted me. "Laurin, you're right where I need you to be." 

Tonight, as I cry myself to sleep, I am hearing those words once again. But they carry a different weight now. I am leaving Southern Wesleyan with more uncertainties than I arrived with. However, I hear that is perfectly fine. My leap of faith to come here will not be the last leap God requires of me. I have taken many since, and I am certain there will be many more. Yet, I know as long as I seek and follow closely after the Lord He will sustain me. Yes, He will lead me. I am counting on that, because without his direction, I cannot imagine who I would be today. 

Thank you Southern Wesleyan University. I have received one of the most valuable tools to reach the world for Christ, an education. I absolutely cannot wait to put all of my classroom learning to use through experience. I have learned so much about life, faith, perseverance, and Jesus Christ. I will forever be indebted to you...in more ways that one! ;) 

As always, thanks for reading.
I will be posting a more detailed account of all the graduation festivities in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment