Wednesday, June 27, 2012

If walls could talk...

 If walls in the prayer chapel could talk, they would say....

"God give me courage to be different for you."

"Just because you aren't the perfect Christian doesn't mean he will love you any less."

"God completely wrecked my life and broke the chains of pride that bound me."

"Lord, put a permenant change in me."

"My purpose is to spread the Gospel to every nation. I AM SECOND."

"I never want to spend one day the same as the day before."

"Let my presence and the Holy Spirit inside me help make a difference in humanity for His Glory."

"Lord, give me a hunger for you and your word. I want more and more of you."

(Thanks to all the High School students, counselors, and staff who bared their souls on the walls of the prayer chapel yesterday.)

We started with bare walls yesterday afternoon and after 2 hours, we were left with walls full of heartfelt crys to God. It brings tears to my eyes and chill bumps to my skin to read all of the things written on those walls. I never knew how much kids were hurting. Life is so hard for many of these teens, and I am so very thankful the Lord has provided this chapel to be a place of rest, a haven.

If you can, take 5 minutes today and pray for the Spirit to move in this place this week. Please pray that this is only the beginning of a changed life for those who have accepted and rededicated their lives to Christ.

I am so very aware that this movement of God is the result of prayer. So, to those of you who have been praying for this camp, for these kids....thank you. We are seeing the results of every single word you have prayed and its astonishing.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY.






No comments:

Post a Comment