Sunday, July 1, 2012

Life's a Beach

After two long weeks of one of the best camps yet, we are FINALLY at the beach! I wish I could properly express just how much I need this vacation.

The last month has been one of the most stressful of my life. So, last night when I stepped out into the moonlight on the beach I felt...free. Free of every wedding worry, every unresolved ministry related issue, and free of the stressful "summer reading" rush at work.

It's amazing that a little sand between your toes makes you feel completely and fully alive. I could have stood with my feet burried in the sand all night long. Lydia and I stood for a half hour chatting it up ankle deep in Mryle Beach water. Good conversation and a clear night sky made for the perfect first night at the beach. I am certainly blessed.

Soon the whole family will be heading down to the beach to bake in the sun and take a beating by the waves.

Let the vacation begin...





No comments:

Post a Comment