Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Reality Check

For a good portion of my life everything I would ever need or want has been given to me. Yes, I would consider myself very spoiled in many aspects. My Momma, Grandparents, fiance, and many other family members have always done a superb job of taking care of me.

Therefore, when George and I received word this week that we are going to be able to rent this adorable house ...(it's SOOO exciting!)


reality quickly set in. My husband and I are going to have to actually take care of ourselves! Eeeek! I didn't know how scary "real life" was until George spent an hour in Starbucks calculating our budget. When he gently pointed out that our income and budget barely matched, I felt nauseous.

Fortunately, later that night we both turned to look at one another and mutually agreed we were going to be just fine. The Lord has brought us to this place and he will see to it that we get everything we need. No, not exactly everything we want, but I am definitely learning to be OK with that.

Today, I am thankful for my spoiled childhood, reality checks, and a fantastic future husband.

It's all going to be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment