Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Wedding Wave

To the brides who have essentially "gone before me" in this whole wedding planning process, I blame you. I would love an explanation as to why none of you warned me about "The Wedding Wave."

These past few days have been overwhelming. It's like a wave of anxiety, a title wave to be exact, has risen up and smacked me right in the face. I have cried, laughed, and cringed at the "to-do" list before me, but fortunately I have some stellar people in my life that have forced me to carry on.

Yesterday, some of my favorites came to meet with me and a potential florist. It went great, and I have one more BIG thing checked off the list! My Momma, Grandma, and Grandpa comprise my wedding planning "dream team." They drove 3 hours here and back to accompany me to the meeting. I know, I have one AMAZING family. I feel so blessed to have them holding my hand through all of this stress! Their encouragement, God's grace, and the prayers/thoughts of many others are getting me through.

There WILL be a wedding at Life Journey Church on October 20th, 2012 and it WILL be wonderful, beautiful, and perfect! ;)


So, to the other brides out there who have not been informed, there WILL be a wave. It is huge, gigantic, and overwhelming. However, once you get smacked in the face, and you get over the near drowning effect of this "Wedding Wave," stand to your feet and remind yourself that at the end of all this...you will be someones wife. Thankfully, the simple fact that after all of the sleepless nights and worry I will be Mrs. Clackum is allowing me to smile.

Therefore, I am currently searching for my boogie-board, because this bride is bound and determined to ride this wave all the way to shore!

As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment